The fifth Nand2Tetris project takes all the chips constructed so far and combines them to build a CPU and then a working computer.
We have created a Nand2Tetris Project 05 assignment in the Web Submission System
(https://cs.adelaide.edu.au/services/websubmission) so that you can attempt this project and be awarded up to 5 additional participation
marks. The project description can be found on the Nand2Tetris website (https://www.nand2tetris.org) by clicking on the Projects link
the left menu bar.
Weighting and Due Date
The best mark for any submission made before the due date will be used as participation marks for week 5.
Due date: 11:55pm Friday of week 5.
Late penalties: All late submissions receive 0 marks.
Core Body of Knowledge (CBOK) Areas: abstraction, design, hardware and software, data and information, and programming.
Note: in example commands % is the shell’s prompt, it is not part of the command.
Note: this project assumes that you have already created directories for every assignment, workshop project and exam in your svn
repository, as described on the Startup Files for Workshops and Assignments
1. If required, checkout a working copy of the project05 directory from your svn repository.
2. Change directory to the working copy of the project05 directory.
3. Copy the newest zip file attached below into the updates sub-directory and add it to svn.
4. Run the following command to place the workshop’s startup files in the correct locations:
% make install
5. Add the .hdl files to your svn repository:
% svn *.hdl
% svn commit -m “Project 05 Startup Files”
6. Edit the .hdl files to complete the implementation of the Hack CPU and commit the changes to your svn repository.
7. Goto the Web Submission System and make a submission to the Project 05 assignment.
The newest of the following zip file(s) must be placed in the updates sub-directory and added to svn. When make is run, the newest zip
file in the updates directory is used to update the startup files. Any files you are required to edit will not be updated but, a copy of the
latest version of those files will be placed in the sub-directory originals.