Consider the simple RL circuit shown of Assignment 1a.
A step function e(t) is applied at t = 0. Solve the circuit for i(t) and vL(t) from
t = 0 to t = 10 ms as follows:
1. Use PSCAD to simulate the circuit and compare the simulation with your results
in Assignment 1a.
2. Run the following simulations:
(a) Using PSCAD with ∆t1 = 0.1 ms.
(b) Using PSCAD with ∆t2 = 0.8 ms.
3. Plot the solution with ∆t1 = 0.1 ms from your own program and from PSCAD
on the same graph. Plot the solution with ∆t2 = 0.8 ms from your own program
and from PSCAD on the same graph.
4. Make sure all graphs have labels that identify the variables and conditions.
5. Discuss how PSCAD’s results match your program’s results and what are the